i'm to set a piece on the dancers at washington & lee univ. in va. i get to see my friend jenny who i used to work with at rbt. & i like that i get to create something new before i leave/ take my break from dance.
it's weird to think about not dancing & i have days where i know i'll still dance, maybe in guam, maybe guest gigs, maybe after guam & then there are days where this change really feels permanent, like what if i find something else i want to do, what if we have babies, what if i get so far removed from the dance world i can't come back? i am getting older & after 2 knee surgeries & so many other sprains & pains, it might not be so easy to get my dance back.
but i have today & today i danced.......
here is a clip of a phrase i worked on..... you can find a better version of this video (& more of my choreography) on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/frostargrow
possible title for the piece..... 'inside a day'
2 comments:
Oh Amy!!! You're moving to Guam! Wow...I read this post and had a very emotional reaction. It's bittersweet and it makes me feel like I need to somehow slow down time. Anyway, it's great to connect with you and I'm so glad we have discovered blogging! I love you forever and ever!
hey! Thanks for the encouragement! I feel for you :) Sooooo glad we're not going overseas, there are so many more details to deal with! Start making sure you're all up to date medically - including dental. And if you have any pets, make sure you investigate what needs to be done for them! Our friends had to leave their dog in the states for 3 months when they went to Guam.
Post a Comment